If you provide Waitrose Goods for Resale and have received an accounts payable quantity debit note (e.g.D123456) that you would like to dispute; please read on.
A quantity debit note will have been raised due to a system discrepancy between the line quantities that have been invoiced and those that have been received by the delivery location.
- If you wish to dispute a mixed debit for pricing and quantity differences, please dispute this using this pricing debit dispute help request.
- If you have multiple quantity debit notes to dispute, please complete one dispute request form per debit note as each case will need to be investigated separately.
- If you would like to dispute this, please ensure that you have a signed proof of delivery document, where the delivery location and date match that on the invoice
- For goods delivered into Waitrose warehouses, the proof of delivery should show the warehouse stamp which is usually a rectangular stamp detailing the location of the warehouse
- You will also need to provide a packing list, showing the quantities of each line packaged in each box delivery
- Once we have received these two documents, our processing team will be able to review the information provided and investigate further. They will let you know whether reversal can be actioned and repayment made